The Redbacks are pleased to announce our new Academy program, Southside Running Academy.
Academy training is held during school terms on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6pm to 7pm at Chapman Oval. A specialised coaching program (On Track) for the under 6 – under 8 age groups is held on Monday evenings only.
A range of track and field events are offered at each session by multiple coaches. Our coaches for the 2018-19 summer are –
- Peter Boden (Sprints, hurdles and all field events)
- Geoff Davidson (distance running)
- Dave Russell (all field events)
- Peter Baker (throws)
- Ken Mansell (On Track – specialised coaching program for under 6 – under 8)
- Junior coaches – Antonia Cholewick (sprints, hurdles, jumps) and Holly Griggs (On Track support). Please note our junior coaches are both still attending school and are not available to attend all sessions.
New coaches are welcome and if you’re affiliated with the Redbacks – we’ll even pay for your coaching accreditation course.
What to bring
Athletes should bring a hat, water and sunscreen and any specialised training clothing and equipment (eg. spikes, compression tights etc). We also have a training uniform, with the shirt being compulsory (see below).
Membership and fees
The Academy is free for all Little Athletics registered athletes (including those from other clubs).
Athletes who are not registered with Little Athletics ACT are also welcome to join the Academy. A yearly membership fee of $20 is payable to the Redbacks for these athletes. Membership fees are to be paid by direct debit to the Redbacks Commonwealth Bank Account and account details are provided on application. The membership fee is in addition to uniform costs.
Training uniform consists of –
- Academy training shirt (compulsory). The shirt is provided free of charge to Redbacks athletes who regularly attend training (at least once a week).
- Academy training pants
- Academy hoodie
The uniform is available to order from the Redbacks online uniform shop.
Want more information about our Academy program? Call Geoff Davidson on 0422 445 696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org